Port Clinton, OH 5/14/22
Come join the Lake Erie Catfish Challenge on Saturday May 14th, 2022, at West Harbor Public Boat Ramp located at 1955 NE Catawba Rd Port Clinton OH 43452! Check-in & live-well checks start at 7:00am, Lines in at 9:00am, Lines out at 5:00pm & Weigh-in at 5:30pm. This is a boat only tournament with 2-man teams and a 3 Channel Catfish limit 2 over 28" and 1 under 28" or 3 unders. You can pre-register now for $10. Registration closes 1 week prior to the event. The Lake Catfish Challenge launches in flights of 10 in order of registration. A $300 buy in will be due in cash the day of the tournament at check in. The Lake Erie Catfish Challenge is a 100% Payout tournament. up to 50 teams: 50% - 30% - 20% / 51 or more teams: 50% - 30% - 10$ - 5% - 5%
Submit your $10 Registration fee below. There will be a $300 cash buy-in due at check-in the day of the tournament.
1 - Team Jason Yurmanovich
2 - Team David McCoy
3 - Team Amy French
4 - Team Mike Thomas
5 - Team Larry King
6 - Team Don Hoffman
7 - Team Chris Ricker
8 - Team Buzz Fink
9 - Team Christopher Hill
10 - Team Robert Kilkenny
11 - Team Robert Biehler
12 - Team Thomas Long
Lake Erie Catfish Challenge Port Clinton, OH:
These rules have been established to encourage fairness, safety, conservation, and significant care for the fish caught. It is the goal of this event to move our sport forward as an example for all to follow.
Entries made and paid for are prohibited from being sold, bartered, or given away without the expressed written consent of a tournament official. All Entries Are Final! Good sportsmanship is expected of all individuals during the tournament. Failure to follow good sportsmanship may result in disqualification.
1. ANY disorderly conduct will be reason alone for disqualification this includes but not limited to: bashing the tournament on social media and ( or ) at the tournament, bashing other teams on social media and ( or ) at the tournament,.
2. Any violation will result in an automatic disqualification.
3. All State and Federal rules will be observed. It is up the anglers to determine what license or licenses may be needed.
4. At least one participant from each team MUST be present to register/check-in and review all rules on 5/14/2022 at 7:00am. Registration will take place at the West Harbor Public Ramp located at 1955 NE Catawba Rd Port Clinton, OH 43452.
5. Tournament Hours: 9:00am to 5:00pm. Check-In/Live Well check will begin at 7:00am. Lines in the water prior to 9:00am will be cause for immediate disqualification.
6. Teams are limited to a maximum of a 2 person team.
7. All children 16 and under MUST be accompanied by an adult.
8. Fish may only be caught by Rod and Reel method only.
9. A maximum of 3 channel catfish per team will be allowed at the weigh-in. 2 over 28" & 1 under 28" or 3 unders.
10. Teams are allowed to have as many rods as needed or as the area/state regulations allow. However, only 6 rods are allowed in the water at any given time.
11. Species of fish that will be allowed are Channel Catfish only.
12. No snagging will be allowed
13. No foul hooked fish will be accepted.
14. No chumming.
15. No fishing intentionally baited holes.
16. All tournament teams must maintain a distance of 50 feet between each other while fishing.
17. Buddy fishing or sharing of information during tournament hours including techniques, baits, location, etc. is strictly prohibited.
18. Lake Erie and it’s tributary waters are in bounds. Trailering is permitted ONLY to Clemons Boats located at 8009 Barratt rd Sandusky, OH 44870.
19. No alcoholic beverages, marijuana, or illegal substances are allowed onboard or used during tournament hours.
20. live wells must include proper aeration. OXYGEN USE IS ENCOURAGED.
21. When possible, the weigh-in will take place using a scale certified in the State of where the weigh-in takes place.
22. Weigh-in will begin at 5:30pm and take place at the West Harbor Public Ramp.
23. There may not be any extra fish in live-well. If there are more than 3 Channel Catfish in the live-well at weigh-in it will result in disqualification.
24. ALL fish handled at weigh-in MUST BE handled with a gripper and gloves. Weigh slings are encouraged. Larger fish are encouraged to be handled by 2 anglers.
25. Dropping of fish at weigh-in is discouraged.
26. Placing of ALL fish into the weigh totes must be completed with care. No throwing or mishandling will be tolerated.
27. No dead fish will be allowed at the weigh-in and will disqualify your team.
28. Ties will be decided by a coin toss.
29. Any protests must be made before the Awards Ceremony and must be in writing. We will not accept any protests thereafter.
30. This is a catch and release tournament. All live fish must be released healthy and alive.
31. Fish may not be taken home with tournament participants.
32. Angler's that consider their catch to be a possible record will have the sole responsibility for caring for the fish until the proper authorities are notified and arrive for verification purposes. Once verified, the fish must be released alive and healthy.