HURON, OH - 8/21/2021
HURON, OH - 8/21/2021
$200 buy in due in cash at check in the day of the tournament.
Two man teams - six rod limit - boat only - Trailering
Target species: Channel Catfish. Two over 28" one under 28" - Flathead Catfish: One any size
Check in & live-well check: 1:00pm
Tournament start: 3:00pm - Tournament end: 9:00pm
Weigh-in Start: 9:00pm free give away & awards ceremony
1 - Jason Yurmanovich
2- Nate Brooks - Andy Adams
3 - Danny Hadam - Pamela Lehky
4 -Robert Biehler
5 -Mitchell Ling
6 - Nate Greene
7 -Ryan Hazlett
8 -Dennis Clark
9 -Theodore Farley
10 -Aaron Goodman
11 -Cole Wasiniak - Eric Dufala
12 -Bill Copeland
13 - Shannon Perry
14 -Ethan Darby
15 -Don Hoffman
Lake Erie Catfish Challenge
These rules have been established to encourage fairness, safety, conservation, and significant care for the fish caught. It is the goal of this event to move our sport forward as an example for all to follow.
Entries made and paid for are prohibited from being sold, bartered, or given away without the expressed written consent of a tournament official. All Entries Are Final! Good sportsmanship is expected of all individuals during the tournament. Failure to follow good sportsmanship may result in disqualification.
1. Any disorderly conduct will be reason alone for disqualification.
2. Any violation will result in an automatic disqualification.
3. All State and Federal rules will be observed. It is up the anglers to determine what license or licenses may be needed.
4. At least one participant from each team MUST be present to register/check-in and review all rules on 08/21/2021 at 1:00pm. Registration will take place at the Huron Municipal Boat Ramp US 6 Huron, OH 44839.
5. Tournament Hours: 3:00pm to 9:00pm. Check-In/Live Well check will begin at 1:00pm. Lines in the water prior to 3:00pm will be cause for immediate disqualification.
6. Teams are limited to a maximum of a 2 person team.
7. All children 16 and under MUST be accompanied by an adult.
8. Fish may only be caught by Rod and Reel method only.
9. A maximum of 4 fish per team will be allowed at the weigh-in. 3 Channel Catfish and 1 Flathead Catfish
10. Teams are allowed to have as many rods as needed or as the area/state regulations allow. However, only 6 rods are allowed in the water at any given time.
11. Species of fish that will be allowed are 3 Channel Catfish and 1 Flathead Catfish
12. No snagging will be allowed
13. No foul hooked fish will be accepted.
14. No chumming.
15. No fishing intentionally baited holes.
16. All tournament teams must maintain a distance of 6 feet between each other while fishing.
17. Buddy fishing or sharing of information during tournament hours including techniques, baits, location, etc. is strictly prohibited.
18. Lake Erie and it’s tributary waters are in bounds. Trailering is permitted.
19. No alcoholic beverages, marijuana, or illegal substances are allowed onboard or used during tournament hours.
20. live wells must include proper aeration. OXYGEN USE IS ENCOURAGED.
21. When possible, the weigh-in will take place using a scale certified in the State of where the weigh-in takes place.
22. Weigh-in will begin at 3pm and take place at the Huron Municipal Boat Ramp.
23. There may not be any extra fish in live-well. If there are more than 3 Channel Catfish and 1 Flathead Catfish in live-well at weigh-in it will result in disqualification.
24. ALL fish handled at weigh-in MUST BE handled with a gripper and gloves. Weigh slings are encouraged. Larger fish are encouraged to be handled by 2 anglers.
25. Dropping of fish at weigh-in is discouraged.
26. Placing of ALL fish into the weigh totes must be completed with care. No throwing or mishandling will be tolerated.
27. No dead fish will be allowed at the weigh-in and will disqualify your team.
28. Ties will be decided by a coin toss.
29. Any protests must be made before the Awards Ceremony and must be in writing with a $200 deposit. If protest wins the protesting angler will get refunded the $200 fee, if protesting angler loses they will not be refunded the $200 fee. We will not accept any protests thereafter.
30. This is a catch and release tournament. All live fish must be released healthy and alive.
31. Fish may not be taken home with tournament participants.
32. Angler's that consider their catch to be a possible record will have the sole responsibility for caring for the fish until the proper authorities are notified and arrive for verification purposes. Once verified, the fish must be released alive and healthy.
33. Social Media live feeds are allowed and encouraged. However, caution must be used not to reveal too much relevant information when going live during the tournament hours. (see rule #19)